Meredith + Patrick | Glenview Mansion | Rockville, MD | Maryland Wedding Photographer
If any couple was meant for each other, Meredith and Patrick certainly are that couple. Their wedding at the Glenview Mansion just down the road from their home in Rockville, MD was the perfect occasion and place to walk through the threshold to promising the rest of their lives to one another. There were so many moments throughout their day that I found myself crying and although I'm always affected by important, meaningful, remember for the rest of your life moments, every time tears would well in my eyes, I could look around and take comfort because I wasn't even close to the only one.
Some of my favorite parts of the day:
- Patrick is such a character for the pure entertainment of Meredith. He is constantly so happy and silly, making Meredith laugh every time.
- The dress that Meredith wore was not the dress she had originally chosen. Some weeks before the wedding, her original dress arrived and when she tried it on, she realized it just wasn't the dress she wanted to walk down the aisle in. Just a few weeks before the wedding she went in search of a new dress and purchased this one she wore off the rack. What a brave decision!
- Meredith and sisters ordered the flowers online and arranged their bouquets - which were stunning.
- Meredith and Patrick wrote their own vows to one another. If there's anything that makes a ceremony so incredibly personal and moving, it's the vows.
- Meredith's mom gave the best speech. One of my favorite lines was, "A loved man makes a strong man and a loved woman makes a strong woman." She's too right.
Congratulations, you guys. I know you'll remember this day for the rest of your lives.
And last but not least, a big thank you to Val for photographing this wedding with me. You'll find some of her images mixed in.