Last year when I launched my new website under my new name - Of Fate and Chaos - I held a contest and gave an entire wedding day's coverage away to one lucky couple. This is the one.
Ingrid and Hamilton got married at the Adam's International School in Maidens, VA on a rather sunny day in June. Some of my most favorite things about their day:
- Ingrid has a presence that you can just feel when she walks into the room. Her spirit touches everyone she meets and her smile radiates in every direction. We met first over Skype, second over tacos, and again at her wedding - we celebrated with tacos. A girl after my own heart, for sure. (Hamilton, I like you too!)
- Taco truck. Obviously.
- As gifts to her bridesmaids, Ingrid gave each of them a ring and a special ring dish chosen specifically for each of her dear friends.
- The wedding party walked down the aisle to harmonica played by a groomsman and a spoken word poem that Hamilton wrote just for the occasion.
- As part of the ceremony, the mothers of the bride and groom placed a wedding quilt over the couple and their guests shouted all the many things that they wished for the couple - some of which were lots of love, children (to much laughter), and a life full adventure.
- Ingrid and Hamilton both spoke of their union as more of a rebirth. Shedding the old skin that they have carried and coming together as one.
- Their dance party was off the hook and I do so love the dancing part of wedding days. I'm pretty sure Ingrid's gorgeous earring flew off and landed on my head at one point.
If you didn't know - Ingrid and Hamilton are both poets and actors. You can find their website here. They're amazingly talented! Thank you so much for sharing your day with me you guys. And thank you to all the vendors that participated to make their day amazing! For a full list of vendors, scroll allllllll the way to the bottom.